Pillar 3: Residential aged care quality and safety
More than 240,000 senior Australians live in residential aged care.
Quality and safety in residential services is a focus for the aged care reforms and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission will be strengthened.
The quality and safety reforms will:
- protect senior Australians
- make clinical care standards stronger
- give senior Australians, their families and carers better information about quality and safety
- inform senior Australians so they can have a say in their own care
- expand dementia care and improve its quality
- improve medication management
- create better linkages between aged care and health care
- increase respite, training and support for informal and family carers
- make sure there is face-to-face help to use the aged care system.
We want your input to help improve care for senior Australians in residential aged care.