Pillar 4: Workforce
Aged care reforms will grow and upskill the aged care workforce.
In turn, this will improve the safety and quality of aged care for all senior Australians.
Reforms in the aged care workforce include:
- financial support and incentives for aged care nurses (for example, for length of service, location or qualifications)
- more places for nursing scholarship and transition to practice programs
- access to subsidised training places for personal care workers
- more funding for training in dementia and palliative care
- a workforce advisory service to support providers.
We want your help to improve how we support our workforce to care for senior Australians.
Tell us how you see the reforms working for you and your workplace.